My CrossFit journey started out much the same as everyone else. Frustrated with carrying extra weight after having two children, and tired and bored of the regular gym style of training, I was introduced to CrossFit by a friend.
After six months of hard work and perseverance I was somewhat lighter on the scale, I did my Level 1 CrossFit Certification and spent a year interning at CrossFit DBN. I then spent a year coaching before making the decision to own and run my own CrossFit box from home.
- CrossFit Level 1 Instructor – November 2011
- Gym Instructors Course (HFPA) – November 2013
CrossFit Competition Participation
- 2012 and 2013 – selected to compete at the CrossFit Games, Africa Regionals;
- 2012 – opted to compete in the team category;
United We Stand Games:
- 2011, 2012 and 2013 – participated in the largest CrossFit competition in South Africa, the United We Stand Games;
International Big 5 Showdown :
- 2013 – participated in the team group of the international CrossFit competition where the team placed 12th.
I would like to introduce you to this amazing fitness phenomenon – CrossFit. I can guaranty you this is no “regular gym”. If you would like more information please don’t hesitate to contact me.